Note: All pics are clickable and open large in new windows
My current state is best described by the words ‘almost there’.
Like I said, my alt leveling is complete, my Explorer and Loremaster for the initial four zones are done for every alt, so I’ve deleted the character level, loremaster and explorer columns from my chart:
The only zone columns left now mean the corresponding dungeon – and Pillar of Creation. Completing one means a 800 ilvl item to your slot, beside the obvious quest, lore and a thing in your exhibition (yes, I’m a completionist).
Apart from obvious side goals of slowly digging up through ilvl, Artifact Weapon traits and Artifact knowledge, my main focus in the recent week has been Order Hall campaigns.
Once you start digging it for a character, it’s completed in no time. Each and every campaign shares not the plot, but an approach. The impeding milestones are:
- delivering some mats, unique for every class. It maybe obliterum (1 piece), food, bandages, the worst being Blood of Sargeras which you can’t buy or trade, so you should save it in advance or wait for WQ to pop.
- completing quests in several dungeons on normal difficulty. The quests take you to leveling dungeons, and also the ones which open at 110. That’s not hard at all, but it appeared to be one of the most impeding things for me. It’s just because you need to save an hour for dungeon run – the actual run time and the queue. And obviously you must be on this alt not to lose the queue.
A useful tip for alts: save you Pillar of Creation runs until they send you with Order Hall missions and profession missions to the dungeon.
- completing a series of follower missions – I guess it’s two sets of 5 missions. It’s an easy thing to do, requires the lowest hall resources and the lowest follower ilvl/quality. Also the time for a mission is about 4 hours, so you could technically complete this step in one day.
- completing 20 world quests. Scary as it may seem, it’s not that hard at all. Each quest normally takes barely 5 minutes, including travel time. It’s easily completed in one sit, although I prefered to wait a bit until the new ones pop with more important rewards and easier, less grindy conditions. Mind you, the first requirement was 30 world quests which was fixed in the latest patch.
The rest questing between these milestones is pure gold. Cutscenes, epicness, fighting Legion, huge amounts of lore and major characters involved – and every step completed in 10-15 minutes.
I would highly praise this part of Legion expansion. Class Order Hall campaigns are providing a solid lore background, interesting and very different plot twists and stories unique for every class (though they couldn’t help and blend the last step of Paladins and Priest campaigns into the same final quests). The only grind quest, if any at all in your class campaign, will take you 30 minutes at most. The campaigns are fun, engaging, deal with Legion itself rather than local problems, epic and provide a strong bond with your class.
I’d say it’s my favorite part of the expansion so far. A splendid diverse experience, and three more to witness. I’m happy!
So far I have three campaigns left to complete for the Feat of Strength:
- Paitsu the Monk needs her nine world quests. I suppose there could be an extra quest to a 110-only dungeon, like Black Rook Hold or Maw of Souls.
- Melaris the Demon Hunter is at her final step, requiring two more random dungeons (to kill 6 random bosses) to experience the final battle after.
- Hexen the Rogue would be the last one I guess. I finally pulled out the plug of her Black Rook Hold quest yesterday, which appeared to be a milestone leading to 20 world quests/5 follower missions part. I thought she was somewhere closer to the end, oh well. Won’t take her long either.
So, Feat of Strength is coming this week. And I think it’s we who should grant Blizzard an achievement.
3 thoughts on “Progressing Through Order Hall Campaigns”
Well done, well written, well said! I loved the order hall campaign and would like to run another alt through the druid one again as my first pass was pretty chaotic.
I hope they (somehow) improve queue times — even my healing druid can wait up to 30 minutes to get into a dungeon.
TY! I’ve especially enjoyed monk, hunter, death knight, paladin and shaman campaigns. Actually all campaigns are really great, I guess it’s more about personal liking.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Blizzard even managed to sell me the Holy Light thing which I always found pretty cheesy :) And they did it twice.
LikeLiked by 1 person