- Write a blog post about the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer the eleven questions that the blogger who nominated you gives you
- Give eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate five blogs that you think deserve the award
- Create eleven questions for them to answer
- List the rules in your post
- Inform the bloggers that they’ve been nominated and provide them the link to your post
So, I nominate these blogs:
- The Daily Frostwolf
- The Grumpy Elf
- Axa’s Ramblings
- Rambling Thoughts About WoW
- Growing Up in Azeroth
My questions for them:
- What was the shortest and the longest time you spent on writing a blog post?
- Name 3 best Race/Class combinations – considering lore, not gameplay.
- Have you ever applied or associated smth. from WoW with IRL situations, people or objects? Tell about the funniest one.
- Which is the most attractive (or sexiest) race in WoW? You may name 2 – for males and females separately.
- How many toons have you deleted throughout your WoW history?
- Name your personal perfect location to grow old in WoW and IRL.
- Name the 3 coolest movies (cartoons) you recently watched.
- Imagine you LFG for 5-man Dungeon and all of your party members happened to be celebrities! Tell us which celebrities are they and what toons do they play?
- Name two beverages: the one you love – the one you hate.
- Spring or Autumn?
- We don’t see Jaina Proudmoore much of now – what will she do first on her return?
Answering questions from Syrco
1. Why did you start this blog?
The one and only good reason to start any creative project is: it’s impossible to hold your thoughts and ideas within your mind. So at some moment I came up with the fact that I want to write about my WoW experience – the game is really a passion for me. I totally love the world and stories within it, even the smallest non-epic ones.
2. What is your favorite thing to do in WoW at the moment?
I think that many people by now discovered that it’s not much to do in Draenor. Garrisons became extremely dull, and running the same raids (LFRs are my cap) is sucking blood from you, especially when you have 10 equally developed toons. I’m dying without new stories and new lore. So what is left now is doing achievements for my main and leveling my 11th alt, a Death Knight. After 3 tries of DK class previously, the fourth attempt suddenly led me further than the starting zone of Acherus and I totally enjoy playing her.
3. Name three bands/singers that would be in your dream festival lineup?
Only three?.. Almost impossible xD Let’s cut the festival in 2 days devoted to my 2 favourite music styles: epic/crazy folk-metal and dance/industrial metal. Then the gigs’ line-ups will be like this:
- Day 1: Equilibrium, Alestorm, TrollfesT
- Day 2: Turmion Kätilöt, Dope Stars Inc., Hanzel und Gretyl
4. Where do you find inspiration for the names of your WoW characters?
I literally can spend 1,5 hours when I create a new character. I cope up with toon’s appearance in 3-5 minutes, the rest is inventing the name. This is serious business. The name must totally fit your toon, only then you want to play with it and login with it. The names should better also look good among NPCs of selected race.
- Gnomes: Micromantica and Microfury, mage and warlock girls. Micro- is about gnomes.
- Human and Forsaken: I decided to call the warrior girls by SURNAME like they call you in army, so it’s Backston and Rottenshield. Backston is a slightly changed pseudonym of milady de Winter from “The 3 Muskeeteers” (Charlotte Backson), inserted “-t-” makes it stalwart. Rottenshield refers to Undead and Protection Warrior spec.
- Orc, Troll, Draenei, Pandaren, Blood Elf: these girls and a BE male are respectively named Salash, Zindari, Melaris, Chitsuro and Ilmari. These names sound like typical names of the correspondent races so I just rolled this and that sound combinations in my mouth until I came up with the names which I liked.
- Schlitzchen: this goblin girl has a German-sounding name which refers to machinery and also has a girlish tender ending.
- Mayluna: the druid girl’s name means “The Moon of May”. Being a Balance druid and a Night Elf, she obviously loves and worships the Moon, and May is my favourite month.
Can’t express enough how I hate names like Mikeshaman or Killyouwithaxe. When this guy runs into you, you just think, come on, switch on your fantasy! And the names like: Aaartthaas. You really want the name so bad that you better spoil it? Seriously?
In other words, try not to ruin the cool world of Azeroth only because you have no patience.
5. Which place in the world do you have to visit before you die and why?
I’m a big traveler, so I’m trying to visit some new place with every vacation. Almost all the Europe, China and Japan were among my trips, so I think US, Canada, New Zealand and Australia seem like desirable but really faraway places you must plan. No tropics or places with temperatures above 27-30 degrees Celsium, I hate the heat.
6. What are your hobbies (aside from blogging and WoW)?
- Travelling – to see different countries and different peoples’ lives. It’s always walking in the cities and never wild or rural areas.
- Gigs – I take every opportunity to visit any interesting or one of my favourite bands.
- Music – I play keyboards, compose a lion’s share of the music and do all the lyrics for my own dark fantasy/folk metal band. We date back to 2004, play gigs (sometimes abroad as well) and record our 4th album now.
- Cats. I have 2.
- My wife. I have 1 xD
- Watching animation and TV series.
7. What would you like to see in a future WoW expansion?
Just a week ago I came across THIS AMAZING CONCEPT. It’s the long-awaited Azshara/sea-themed, Azeroth-bound expansion which refers to pirates, naval bases, nagas and NO DAMNED UNDERWATER ZONES AT ALL. I think Blizzard should just take this concept as it is. While I’m not against journeys to other planets (Argus?..) I definitely want to return to Azeroth with next expansion.
8. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
It’s just the same: enjoying my life with my family :=) It’s very optimistic to think there will be WoW, but I’d really be happy!
9. Would you/do you play WoW with your children? Why/why not?
Yes, when I have one. Hope WoW would still be online when my possible kids will born and grow up..
10. What is one of your current goals for this year?
Few journeys at vacations, our new album, maybe some real thinking about our own, non-rented flat :=)
11. If you could have a WoW NPC named after you, what kind of NPC would it be and what would it say/do?
It will be definitely something small, cute and crazy or mischievous. Good NPC: of course, a Gnome (better a girl) who would actively move the story arc in several zones like Brann Bronzebeard or Chromie. Evil NPC: smth. like a Draenor Podling chieftain or king, cute, but cunning and deadly.
Answering questions from Growing Up in Azeroth
1) In your opinion (not based on views), which article that you’ve written is your best?
It’s the bunch of articles about how races of Warcraft smell, starting with this :=) That was a real highway to imagination and it was amusing to add a new “smell” dimension to the game.
2) You wake up in Azeroth as your main character. What do you do?
It’s a gnome girl, so I probably spend the rest of the day to get used to my new proportions in a safe place (guess where). Then try to do some spells and not freeze all the Garrison.
3) What motivates you to write?
The game, of course. The blog is WoW related, so I share my thoughts on Warcraft adventures with everyone who loves the game as I do.
4) You can have one spell in real life that isn’t a mage spell. Which one do you pick?
Paladin’s Bubble xD
5) Best noob mistake?
I contacted official support team with Fury Warrior at level 57. Reason? By chance I took a zweihander in one of Fury Warrior’s hands and thought it was a bug because Fury Warriors cannot wield both a zweihander and a one-arm weapon at once. I also thought that I could be punished for this bug using. They never replied :)
6) If you could kill off one WoW character to bring back another WoW character, who would you kill and who would you bring back?
I would bring back Samaara because she’s Yrel’s sister. As a victim I could offer Taran Zhu – he has no sense of humor at all and his mentorous and grumpy attitude annoyed me throughout Pandaria.
7) What was your first video game?
I guess it was 90s, some hall of a cinema theater and there was an arcade machine with a Kung Fu fighting game.
8) If a patch is released and no one is there to play it, do the forums QQ?
Hard question, not sure what to say here :=)
9) If you didn’t play video games, you’d be…
If I’m at home, I’d watch some animated series.
10) On a scale of 1-10, how much have you enjoyed WoD (1 being not at all and 10 being its the best thing since sliced bread)?
It evolved from 10 to 6. It brought us stunning improvements and amazing story, but as of now I’ve got full hands of activities that I don’t want to do there.
11) What’s the best thing about blogging?
When people find your articles interesting! xD And return for more.
11 random facts about me
- I have 5 favourite book writers whose collections of works will be enough for re-reading in a loop till the end of my days: Terry Pratchett, J.K.K.Rowling, Vadim Panov, George Martin and John Tolkien.
- I don’t like to eat any sweet food – cakes, candies or sugar.
- I’m a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and have 6 main character figurines on my wall.
- I like to read and learn any foreign languages but I can’t speak any except English.
- I’m a good composer and arranger but a mediocre keyboard player and terrible at recording or programming my parts.
- I was never engaged in a real fight since high school.
- I always want to return to Finland, Sweden and Japan.
- I’m terrible at planning finances and spending money so my wife plans our family budget, vacations and personal expenses.
- I don’t hate dogs, but I’m definitely a “cat person”.
- I have some tears to shed in three scenes of “The Lion King” every time I watch it.
- I am liberal and extremely tolerant to any race, nation, gender, age, subculture and other differences. Although I find politically incorrect jokes very funny.